Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Confession

I got a confession.

I didn't resign.

I admit it.

Because honestly, I took out my anger on the wrong thing.

I haven't really been taking care of myself. I won't bore you with all the details, but it became apparent to me when I ate both McDonald's and Kraft macaroni and cheese within 2 days of each other.

Ugh.

So I'm admitting it openly. I've been terrible to my own body. Which is not a great way to show gratitude for God giving it to me in the first place. And, of course, not a great way to show gratitude for the planet. McDonald's. Cripes.

No more excuses. I'm failing miserably and it's no good for myself or anyone around me. I've had a lot of minor health problems lately that probably would be fine with better nutrition, and I'm already aware that exercise is absolutely crucial to my sleeping patterns and general disposition.

And as mentioned - yeah, taking care of oneself is an act of obedience and gratitude to God. I have got to get the focus right. Nothing I do is really for me. Still such a strange place to be, still can see myself through the eyes I used to have. It makes no sense to the former me, and I don't blame anyone who reads what I'm saying and doesn't understand. I know how it sounds. I lived most of my life loathing Christianity. Regardless, I am telling you now that walking with God and following His lead in a personal and intimate way has changed everything for me. Any thing that you admire about me is only there because I put my hope and faith and dedication in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment