Saturday, March 24, 2012

Antsy

So I came home from work and did a little plantwork. The oranges need replanted in bigger containers (I may have destroyed one, but time will tell). The pumpkin plant DEFINITELY needed replanted:



Imagine that, but in a normal-sized plastic cup. Yeah. I think it'll like the repurposed ice cream container a lot better.

The avocado will get replanted once I have a suitable container. It's very water-sensitive. I'm nervous. I used to sprout apple seedlings. I probably sprouted 100, and destroyed them all. They are also water-sensitive. They pretty much all perished of root rot. I pretty much let the soil dry out completely and leave it dry for a few days before I water again.

For the time being, it seems to be growing nicely:





My house doesn't have many problem bugs. I get a few ants inside, but if I'm careful with cleaning up the dishes in a timely fashion, they usually don't flock.

I found a few on my plant table and I got nervous... mighta smashed a few... I was trying to think of why they'd have any reason to be up in my bedroom of all places.

Turns out they were only trying to do me a favor:



(These'd be the blooms on my strawberry plants)

Yeah, I don't exactly have any natural pollinators indoors. I guess I might be putting this plant outside sooner than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment